6PM Doors ✖ Hall ✖ GA: $15 ADV/$20 DOOR / 2-Top: $50 / 4-Top: $100
Join Sidewalk Dog and Pet Haven for a night of hilarity from the fur-filled trenches. Local comics and storytellers will take the stage to share heartwarming and humorous accounts of life with their devoted dogs. If you’re a fan of The Moth and stand-up, you will not want to miss this!
Sidewalk Dog is a cause-based media and events company, Minnesota’s #1 dog-friendly resource, and a strong advocate for local homeless dogs and the rescues and shelters who support them.
Pet Haven, Minnesota’s oldest foster-based animal rescue, re-homes cats and dogs, spays and neuters to reduce overpopulation, and promotes companion animal welfare.
- Kevin Kling, well-known playwright and storyteller whose commentaries can be heard on NPR’s All Things Considered.
- Mary Jo Pehl, writer, storyteller, and comedian whose work has appeared in Minnesota Monthly, Star Tribune, Salon.com, Austin Monthly, and more
- Maggie Faris, comedian who has opened for greats such as Jay Pharoah, Maria Bamford, Daniel Tosh, Louis Black, and Damon Wayans
- Rana May, comedian who has been featured in the City Pages, Star Tribune, Minnesota Daily, MPR, and was picked as one of five comics to watch in 2016 by Growler Magazine
- Allison Broeren, performer and creative organizer, and founder of Word Sprout, which produces eight monthly spoken word shows including the longest running Poetry Slam in Minnesota and one of the most successful poetry slams in the country.
- Amy Salloway, an actor/writer/storyteller who has been called “kick-ass funny and achingly poignant”, “raw and fearless”, and “the voice for all of us who were picked last for kickball”. She’s been a winner of the St. Paul Moth and the SlamMN! story slam and performs regularly on just about every spoken-word-oriented stage in town.
- More to be announced soon!